[Gnumed-devel] Document types

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Document types
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 01:49:51 +0000

In blobs so far, I have adjusted my types to the following:

     gnumed_v16=> select name from blobs.doc_type
    order by name ;

                 name
    -------------------------------
 Consultant's report
 Diagnostic report - Cardiac
 Diagnostic report - Genetic
 Diagnostic report - Neuro
 Diagnostic report - Path
 Diagnostic report - Radiology
 Diagnostic report - misc
 Misc correspondence
 Misc results
 Procedure report
 Request our consultation
 consultation report
 cumulative patient profile
 emr printout
 interprofessional communication
 misc correspondence
 patient photograph
 prescription
 records excerpt
 request outside consultation
 status report
 visual progress note

where my nomenclature employs a leading Cap for incoming documents and lower
case for locally-generated / outgoing. The idea is to help the sorting of
documents in the Documents view.

In the schema, it says

        Table: ref.document_type

        pre-installed document types,
        do not change these as they will be overwritten during
        database upgrades at the discretion of the GNUmed team

but these are

    gnumed_v16=> select * from ref.document_type ;
     pk | scope |           description
    ----+-------+----------------------------------
      1 |       | discharge summary internal
      2 |       | discharge summary surgical
      3 |       | discharge summary psychiatric
      4 |       | discharge summary neurological
      5 |       | discharge summary orthopaedic
      6 |       | discharge summary other
      7 |       | discharge summary rehabilitation
      8 |       | referral report internal
      9 |       | referral report surgical
     10 |       | referral report ENT
     11 |       | referral report eye
     12 |       | referral report urology
     13 |       | referral report orthopaedic
     14 |       | referral report neuro
     15 |       | referral report radiology
     16 |       | referral report other
     17 |       | referral report cardiology
     18 |       | referral report psychotherapy
     19 |       | discharge summary urology
     20 |       | referral report oncology
     21 |       | discharge summary neurosurgery
     22 |       | discharge summary ophthalmology
     23 |       | discharge summary ENT
     24 |       | referral report pathology
     25 |       | referral report neurosurgery
     26 |       | patient photograph
     27 | AU    | referral report PIT (AU)
    (27 rows)

and I wondered what should be the correlation between

        ref.document_type
        blobs.doc_type

and if the aim should be to find agreement on such types across praxes?

-- Jim