Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output - normal clinical

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output - normal clinical views
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:10:18 +0000

On 2011-11-30, at 2:07 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> - organize the output by encounter
>
> Whereat ?

Well, I find myself coming back to multiple paradigms of information review:

(1) 'normal' clinical views (think EMR tree nodes, history listings, report
placeholders)

- these allow any naive clinician (who did not already know the patient) to
quickly get up to speed on this patient

- the means by which to achieve this include:

        (a) lists whose items are ordered by clin_when

                examples:
                - some report placeholders
                - the notional patient overview widget

        (b) narrative that communicates:

                what was clinically identified
                in what setting or construct of care
                by whom, from who

                … even despite that the recording of the data may have been
delayed

                … can be achieved by the use of encounters as the basis for
grouping

                examples:
                - some report placeholders
                - the currently-existing EMR tree nodes

… we only did not yet fully resolve how (inside the above) to organize the
above information

(2) 'alternative' views (think EMR Journal) which is worth to develop / discuss
separately and which is why I appended (to this posting subject) 'normal
clinical views'.

-- Jim