Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:28:24 +0000

The second paradigm or mode of information review is

(2) 'alternative' views (think EMR Journal, and views that include audited
records)

- these need to serve two purposes:

        (a) to help the already-involved clinician to know which information
has most recently been added or even changed

        (b) to assist a more-detailed or comprehensive audit interested to
reconstruct and replay all of the row additions and changes (including
deletions) and which include the rows which, having been altered, had in the
meantime been copied into the audit tables

Here 2(a) is mostly achieved by the EMR Journal but it could be improved once
we would determine what is most desirable. The rows should be presented in
order of modified_when unless we are convinced why it should not always be so.
If I would pay no heed to what is already in the Journal, I would think we
should want three columns:

        Added / modified*
        By whom
        Information

Added / modified*
- modified_when (full datetimestamp)
- suppress duplicate listing (where consecutive) at the level of {date hour
minute seconds}
- if row_number is >= 2, append asterisk * to datetime stamp

By whom
- usercode
- suppress duplicate listing where consecutive

Information
- perhaps, to the left of this, a column containing * where row version is >=
1, to draw visual attention to changes
- the narrative can be something like what we now have

-- Jim