Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc1 Release Candidate

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2.rc1 Release Candidate
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:47:35 +0000

On 2012-04-19, at 11:34 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Actually. It doesn't matter at all which email address is
> entered here. All GNUmed does is include it with bug reports.

I know but it still helps the user to be able to know the level of granularity
being achieved. The option is being provided under the menu

        Client parameters

which is maybe not relevant to the user. The user cannot invoke significance to
chunking or emailing anyway, *except* by launching GNUmed (and loading its user
interface) and since the user would experience the effect of the chunking and
email address while using the GUI (while loading documents or while triggering
and submitting an exception) can we therefore

1) relocate

        Export chunk size
        Email address

from currently-under "Client parameters" over under "User interface" and simply
drop the submenu "Client parameters"?

2) in the text of the email address dialog, where it says

        when GNUmed is sending email on your behalf

can it say

        when GNUmed is sending email from this logged-in account on your behalf

which disambiguates it having nothing to do with the workplace or copy of the
client etc.

-- Jim