Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject) virus

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject) virus
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 21:27:20 +0200

On Thursday, May 03, 2012 10:32:29 PM Axel Wachtler wrote:

> > Yes. In particular - if he downloaded from elsewhere -

> > download hosters are not unknown to inject all sorts of

> > spyware into the downloads.

> One way to circumvent this, is providing the SHA or MD5 checksums

> on the download page, together with descricption how to verify the

> packages against the checksums.

Good idea. Will do this.

The build machine is used only for building. It is not used for surfing the internet. Despite having all servicepacks installed here is a chance that the build machine is infected.

The distribution server is Linux-based and has the latest patches provided by Debian. It is not impossible that it might have been hacked but recent checks for viruses and rootkits were negative.

Using Avira Antivir on a third PC I did not see any virus warning coming up.

Best regards,

Sebastian