[Gnumed-devel] default field focus for Edit encounter details

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] default field focus for Edit encounter details
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:10:06 +0000

Presently, a double-click on the encounter object in the top ribbon opens an
editor window with focus in the Summary.

I am finding that a large majority of the time, I must edit the encounter type
because I use several and therefore any "default" value saves me little time.
In fact, extra work is created by having to set focus into the Type field,
having to select all the text and then provide an alternative value.

Therefore, and while I realize that on changing patients there is some value to
the default focus going into the Summary field, this presumes that the
encounter Type was already correctly set.

Is there any work-around for the need to have a per-user default encounter
type? Maybe possible to have a praxis default, without a per-user default?

What I am wanting is, on a per-user basis, to have some way to auto-prompt for
the encounter type when creating a new encounter, or when double-clicking on
the encounter tool in the top ribbon, or when opening the list and choosing to
edit the active encounter.

??

-- Jim