Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved clinical use of test results

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved clinical use of test results
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:52:00 +0200

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 05:37:57PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > When entering a *new* test result GNUmed will now display
> > the most recent test result as soon as the test type is
> > selected.
> >
> > In addition, upon saving a newly added of modified existing
> > result GNUmed will auto-plot up to 2 adjacent results (in
> > each temporal direction).
>
> When you say "now" do you mean in git (not 1.2.3)?

That's right, sorry for the imprecision.

> Also, does the gnuplot appear in a window that belongs to
> an (auto-launched) instance of gnuplot or is the plot
> displayed within an element of gnumed (tooltip)?

The former, so far (despite it may look as if the Gnuplot
window is part of the GNUmed window in the screenshot).

I thought about displaying the plot INSIDE the edit area as
soon as both test result type and value have been entered
but I couldn't get myself to decide on the visual how's and
where's. I guess that's one more cue that perhaps we are at
a point where we've gathered sufficient breadth of data
capture as to eventually wrap around to a more Richard'ly
layout (in which there'd be a natural place to display the
inline plot, namely in the middle). I will need to think on
that.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de