Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sandboxed output file,

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sandboxed output file,
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:25:52 +0100

Hello Vaibhav,

I would like to work with you on this some more.

> You are right. The plan contained character  \.

I see. Indeed, that \ is a special character in LaTeX.
However, GNUmed does replace it with something suitable for
LaTeX processing, if so instructed, as can be witnessed
(\textbackslash) in the attached .tex file.

To produce this file I added a "\." to Kirk's medication
(see screenshot) and pressed "Print".

This file then properly compiled into the attached PDF.

Can you provide a screenshot as well as the .tex file so we
can figure out what went wrong ?

> I can not remove it now as there is no provision for it.

I can easily edit the plan to remove a "\." ?

> The encounter remains unprintable.

Can you please remind me (and preferably enclose) the actual
template you are using for printing the encounter ?

> I like latex for typesetting but at times I feel we are
> using highend product to achieve simpler thing.

I understand your sentiment. However,

a) producing good looking documents
b) getting them onto paper

is NOT as trivial as it sounds, programming-wise.

> I tried to see whether formatting of a text is possible
> using python itself, so that it can be hard coded in
> program,

Formatting some text isn't that hard. Getting that text
printed onto paper looking as expected using any variety of
printing devices very much so is.

I am pretty sure we can find a solution.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de