Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sandboxed output file,

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sandboxed output file,
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:35:03 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:25:52PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > You are right. The plan contained character  \.
>
> I see. Indeed, that \ is a special character in LaTeX.
> However, GNUmed does replace it with something suitable for
> LaTeX processing, if so instructed, as can be witnessed
> (\textbackslash) in the attached .tex file.

Just for the fun of it I modified the .tex file which
contained \textbackslash to, again, contain a true "\." (see
attached).

Manually compiling that *also* worked (I didn't offhand
expect that) and it produced the attached PDF (which
contains a point atop a hyphen being produced by the
sequence "\. -" (which, indeed, is valid LaTeX for "put a
point atop the hyphen").

I suppose it must be something else still -- I would really
like to see the LaTeX code that's failing for you.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de