Re: [Gnumed-devel] When a patient is deceased...

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] When a patient is deceased...
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:35:35 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 07:24:07PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > - PDFify the entire EMR for (external ?) archival
> > > - …
> >
> > Yes. Programming code that would implement 'PDFify" would be hugely helpful
> > for other situations:
> >
> > - patient departing the praxis
> > - patient (even if remaining in the praxis) requiring
> > the fullness of their medical record to be viewed outside of
> > GNUmed

In Germany, the patient isn't entitled to the "fullness" of
their medical record - only to the non-subjective (as in
personally subjective, not Soap-subjective) parts thereof.

Over here I am fully entitled to withhold the statement "Oh
no, that person again. I can't stand her." even if I did put
it into the medical record.

OTOH, there's always the question of what to do with
externally generated documents: For one thing (over here)
they are intended for internal use (of course, the patient
has the right to read them - but only the right to get them
from the original creator). Next, there's the question of
copyright: It is not entirely unthinkable that some other
doctor might sue me for violation of copyright over exposal
of a referral report written by her which in turn leads to
the other doctor getting sued by the patient...

Crazy world, this.

Nonetheless, a "full export" of the EMR is quite desirable.

> PDFifying the EMR should "only" be a matter of writing a
> suitable LaTeX template - which should already be possible,
> no code needing to be written.
>
> It would be a noteworthy contribution to GNUmed to come
> forth with such.

I would implement placeholders should any be lacking.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de