Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:17:13 +0100

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 03:45:33AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Also, with respect to the Overview widget where -- in the
> lowest left cell -- one can input an interval value with
> which to
>
> limit to last
>
> a summary of the activity, I had described how (at least
> on Mac OS using X11 to run GNUmed) some values will not
> trigger the phrasewheel, whereas others will. A good example
> is that if I input
>
> 4m
>
> the phrasewheel offers me nothing, and if I hit "enter"
> there is no response. However, if I input
>
> 120d
>
> then I am auto-offered in the phrasewheel
>
> 4m
>
> and the value is pre-selected, so there is no need for me
> even to navigate the phrasewheel, I can simply hit "enter"

You've reported this before and I never figured out what's
happening for you (because it works fine for me).
Eventually, I again ran under LOCALE=en_EN and was able to
duplicate the behaviour. Alas, it isn't wrong or faulty per
se, however, it certainly does something unexpected.

When the phrasewheel finds matches for an input fragment it
will fill the list of suggestions. It will then "snap to"
the first suggestion should there only be one *exact* match.
In that case, however, no "value selected from pick list by
user" event is generated and thusly the limit interval fails
to pick up the user's (indirect) selection...

GNUmed will now send a fake "user-selected-from-pick-list"
when it picks from the list by itself.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de