Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2 - Contacts comments

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2 - Contacts comments
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:03:30 +0000

I had thought I had already submitted the following suggestion, but perhaps I
had not…

Some older patients do not have their own mobile phone, however desire me to be
able to contact them through their son or daughter's mobile, and so I sometimes
add this number to the patient's contacts while inputting in the comment

        son Peter's mobile
or

        dtr Mary's mobile

and it would be helpful for this string to be offered, concatenated -- my
suggestion would be in parens () -- after the phone number:

        - in the Overview and
        - by the placeholder $<patient_comm::channeltype>$

although there could exist, as far as the placeholders, use cases to desire
and, alternatively, to NOT desire the comment.

Would it be better to provide a separate placeholder

        patient_comm_comment

or to recast patient_comm to support one additional, binary (0,1) argument as in

        $<patient_comm::channeltype::0>$  # no comment
        $<patient_comm::channeltype::1>$  # concatenate comment in ()

and can such extra arguments be optional, and therefore omitted, such that both
of the following would be valid:

        $<patient_comm::channeltype>$
        $<patient_comm::channeltype::0>$

??