Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: everything is working fine, exce

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: everything is working fine, except of doubl
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:52:18 +0100

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 04:18:17PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Since I have contacted the wxPython list to no avail and
> since things seem to be pinpointable to a malfunctioning
> list.DeleteAllItems() I propose the following plan for the
> time being:
>
> When GNUmed detects non-0 items after deleting all items it
> will loop attempting to, again, delete all items until it
> either deleted all of them or else it looped 3 times.

I have implemented this.

> Later on, in case GNUmed tries to access the missing data,
> it will
>
> - compare the item with its counterpart in the "upper half"
> - if they match (that is, they are duplicates):
>       - ask whether to return the data of that item
> - else error out (as it does now)

I have even more localized the handling of this problem:

When the *provider inbox* detects that accessing the data
for an item fails due to an IndexError exception it will
tell the user and effect a reload of the provider inbox.

It's not a fix for the bug but should pretty much make
usefully working with the inbox possible again.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de