Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tapering dosage of steroids

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tapering dosage of steroids
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 01:14:19 +0200 (CEST)

>> If I had to prescribe
>> Tab omnacortil 10 mg 2 tab od x 10d
>> 10 mg 1 tab od x next 10 days
>> How do I do it ?

> The correct way would be to add it two times with a a different regimen and
> dosage as well as start date and duration.

No, the "correct" way is to recall the fact that currently GNUmed
only offers documenting the *state* of affairs, not history thereof
(even prospective history).

GNUmed currently simply does not offer a way to computationally
document a medication schedule as an "order", "instruction",
"activity" or similar process oriented artifact. All it can do
is record *facts", as in "CURRENTLY the patient is on Omnacortil
10mg 2/day". We don't know which facts are going to exist tomorrow.

> You can schedule the drug for 10 days, set it to discontinued and
> schedule the same drung with different dosage after the 10 days.

One might be able to cheat an mark one of the two entries as
inactive, reactivating as needed. Haven't tested that, though.

This begs to be improved. No doubt.