Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed 1:4

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed 1:4
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:02:41 +0200

Am Sonntag, 14. April 2013, 06:03:46 schrieb address@hidden:

> How about having a single interface for searching a patient, creating a new

> patient and putting him in waiting list? What is required is ability to

> search the patient from registration menu by putting a single dialogue

> button of search by the side and if detected, it should direct to gui

> asking whether the receptionist want to put him on waiting list or activate

> it. When the person is not detected, it should lead to new registration.

Why would you want a search button ? You type part of the name in the search field and hit Enter/Return key. If it does not find a patient it will ask you to create a new one. Is this what you mean ?

I have a feeling that you would like to get rid of some extra clicks to put the patient on the waiting list. Right now one has to open the patient, switch to waiting list and press add (specify a reason for encounter etc.)

If we put in an extra dialog in between finding and opening the patient I guess some users who don't use waiting lists will complain about this extra step.

I am not sure placing more button in the top panel next to the name is a good idea. Maybe we can implement Shift+Enter for Searching and placing on waiting list (could pop open the box which is triggered on 'Add' button) while plain Enter will bring up the patient.

Awaiting more input from clinicians.