Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed 1:4

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed 1:4
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 17:58:02 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 03:26:44PM +0200, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> The waiting list is missing one feature important for me - SCHEDULING
> the patient to FUTURE DATE.

That is by design. The waiting list is a list intended to
list patients currently waiting in the waiting room to be
seen.

The fact that GNUmed cannot (neither does it want to) actual
correspondence of patient on its waiting list vs those
physically sitting in the waiting room allows room for
certain sorts of creative use of said waiting list (which is
fine).

Adding support *to the waiting list* for patients being
*scheduled* to *eventually* and *potentially* be on the
wwaiting list IMHO smells of overstretching the metaphor.
Which either means the metaphor is wrong or the idea to do
so is wrong.

Since a waiting list is a well-established concept I'm hard
pressed to believe the metaphor is wrong per se.

I suppose you'd want to extend the gmDemographics.py ->
cKOrganizerSchedulePnl into something more generic (I know
you don't but that'd be the "proper" approach).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de