Re: [Gnumed-devel] adding new table to clin schema

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] adding new table to clin schema
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:13:38 +0200

Hi Jerzy,

> The question is:
> after creating a table (similar to clin.clin_narrative, but with
> additional fields, inheriting from clin.clin_root_item) which triggers
> and functions are mandatory, and which are optional?
>  - my guess - only audit triggers are mandatory
>
> Is there anything more I need to do not to break some internal
> consistency checks or something like that?

Not that I remember offhand. Make sure it

- inherits from clin.clin_root_item
- has got a surrogate primary key "pk serial primary key"
- it gets registered for auditing:
        select audit.register_table_for_auditing('clin', 'your_table');
- it gets registered for notifications sent to the client:
        select gm.register_notifying_table('clin', 'your_table');
- grant appropriate permissions for gm-doctors and gm-staff

While only the first is truly mandatory (for acceptance by
project lore) all the others make good sense.

> (I know that database hash would change, that is different issue)

No problem. That's what major-version upgrades are for.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de