[Gnumed-devel] "reference"/"enum" tables outside "ref" schema

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] "reference"/"enum" tables outside "ref" schema
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:01:10 +0200

In order to get rid of test data I tried to backup and restore database
schema, and then selectively restore configuration data and required
lists. (Is there any script to do this?)
It was more complicated than I thought, because some useful lists were
in "clin" and "dem" schemas. Below are the tables I had to include
(besides all in "cfg" and "ref" schemas):

clin.encounter_type
clin._enum_allergy_type
clin.fhx_relation_type
dem.country
dem.enum_comm_types
dem.gender_label
dem.inbox_item_category
dem.inbox_item_type
dem.marital_status
dem.name_gender_map
dem.relation_types
dem.state

All these tables actually contain config data.

Also in "gm" schema there is "access_log" table, which should be empty
in new installation, but there are gm.notifying_tables and
gm.schema_revision tables, which should contain data. Why not move
"access_log" to "audit" schema?

I would suggest to separate all relatively stable tables from
"clin" and "dem" schemas. It would simplify data management. Not only
backups, this was one time only. But also permissions to change these
data could easily be restricted.

--
Regards,
Jerzy Luszawski