Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sms appointments reminder

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sms appointments reminder
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 20:48:45 +0200

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 06:10:26PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Is there any way by which I can send automated appointments reminder to
> > patient using mobile connection to computer
>
> Are you talking SMS or email?
>
> Either (or both) can be entered into a patient's demographics as a "channel"

Which can then be exploited by judicious use of the "text"
forms engine.

> 1) where to record in GNUmed that this appointment needs to happen
>
>       inbox?
>       waitlist?

A patient reminder which offers a due date.

Or a patient tag if a patient specific due date is not
needed (IOW, due-ness is being defined elsewhere).

> 2) how to script an interaction between the above entries,
> to then route communications out of GNUmed and into some
> other application

So far we lack a "do something on a bunch of patients" (much
less automatically).

Short of either adding that functionality or writing
external code doing so one might horribly abuse the hook
system:

- create a patient named "Serial, Letter"
- write a hook script for when a patient is activated which:
        - checks for the patient being "Serial, Letter"
        - if so, asks the user which template to use for writing a letter
        - scans all patients for those to which to apply the template
        - beware that I don't know what happens if said
          script actually activates each patient (rather
          than just instantiate it) -- I did add loop
          detection, however
- as needed, activate patient "Serial, Letter"

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de