Re: [Gnumed-devel] Method needed for opening (to edit) penultimate LaTex

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Method needed for opening (to edit) penultimate LaTex files
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:37:20 +0200 (CEST)

> Presently, when writing a correspondence in GNUmed, the only methods by which
> I know to "interact" with GNUmed are:
>
> - placeholders which allow to pick from lists (problems, episodes, encounters)
>
> - placeholder for free-text input
>
> However, there are multiple situations in which to prefer to visually review
> what GNUmed has assembled as "draft" content, before it goes out:
>
> - abbreviations and spelling errors worth to first "proof" in a
> spell-ckecking app
>
> - word clusters that need reforming into sentences to make them clearer to an
> outside clinician, or the patient (education / explanation), or their case
> manager or insurer
>
> - private, or sensitive (or superfluous) content that the consultant does not
> need, and may appreciate that we removed
>
> Can we have a way to prompt GNUmed to pause, and offer us (identify to us)
> the runN .tex file, which the user can then have a chance to modify before
> the .tex file is converted to PDF plus minus sent to th eprinter?

This already happens, except if

- the particular code path does not call the .edit() method of the form
- the OS does not have a editor/viewer configured for the mime type
- or -- new in 1.4 -- the user told GNUmed to NOT call an editor
  on a particular template AND the code path does not override that
  decision ;-)