Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - lessons from other EMRs - easily findi

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - lessons from other EMRs - easily finding what we want to see
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:22:30 +0000

On 2013-07-17, at 4:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:06:43AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> PS -- Oscar appears to have built their original tables to
>> exactly import lab results (as supplied by the labs)
>
> That is conceptually not possible because different labs do
> vastly different things.

I only know it was so at the time that the first lab table was built, guided by
the form on which the primary lab data broker in one province supplied the data.

I am not sure whether they have since generalized the data structure, or added
one new table for each new lab source, after which they would have to copy data
into some unified lab results table.

-- Jim