[Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Duration

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Duration
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:31:59 +0000

I am just realizing that

        Duration

ambiguates, in the case where a patient was already on it prior to its being
entered into GNUmed:

        "how long has the patient (already) been taking this medication"

with

        "what is the total time we wish the patient to take this medication"

with

        "how far into the future do we wish to take this medication"

and therefore, when entering into GNUmed

        Started

and

        Duration

we need clarity on how we wish to use it. Currently, the tooltip shows

        How long is this substance supposed to be taken

and so if that remains the purpose of the field, the Medication column

        Duration / Until

should require two values, correct?, the left side showing the interval, and
the right side showing

        Started + Interval

??

-- Jim