[Gnumed-devel] Challenges in lab test aggregation - panels

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Challenges in lab test aggregation - panels
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:03:08 +0000

This query

        SELECT T.pk, fk_test_org, T.name,  T.comment, conversion_unit, T.loinc,
T.abbrev, fk_meta_test_type, M.name
        FROM clin.test_type T
        INNER JOIN clin.meta_test_type M
        ON T.fk_meta_test_type = M.pk
        ORDER BY T.pk;

returns

 pk | fk_test_org |           name           |   comment   | conversion_unit |
loinc | abbrev  | fk_meta_test_type |        name
----+-------------+--------------------------+-------------+-----------------+-------+---------+-------------------+--------------------
  6 |           4 | leukocytes (EML)         | EDTA sample | Gpt/l           |
     | WBC-EML |                 1 | leukocytes
  7 |           4 | erythrocytes (EML)       | EDTA sample | Tpt/l           |
     | RBC-EML |                 2 | erythrocytes
  8 |           4 | platelets (EML)          | EDTA sample | Gpt/l           |
     | PLT-EML |                 3 | platelets
  9 |           4 | C-reactive protein (EML) | blood serum | mg/l            |
     | CRP-EML |                 4 | C-reactive protein

leading me to wonder whether

1) when creating any new test_type, the requirement for the 'name' to be unique
should by convention inherit an abbreviation for the lab test org and

2) when creating a panel or profile, will we be able to input

        meta_test_types

or will the individual test_types each have to be discretely defined and will
this result in discrete rows that do not take advantage of the aggregation?

-- Jim