Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free diams

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free diams
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:01:35 +0200

> A fix might consist of
>
> - *requiring* a path to be configured or
> - defaulting to /tmp/ rather than /tmp/freediams_<HASH>/

Very good analysis and awful bug ! I've wrote unit-test for the XML in/output
but tests can not be run after the app is closed... That's why this bug pass
through the unit-testing.

FreeDiams and FreeMedForms create, on all OSes, a "user document path" in the
home path:

        ~/freediams
        ~/freemedforms

They also create, on all OSes, a "hidden database/config path" to store
databases, config files, datapacks and other "internal" resources:

        ~/.freediams
        ~/.freemedforms

None of them are cleared. I patched the source so that the default PDF
cache-path is automatically set to "$UserDocumentPath/PDF" is no path was
defined.

        ~/freediams/PDF
        ~/freemedforms/PDF

Meanwhile, you should let the user correctly define preferences of the
application where the PDF cache-path can be set.

Thanks for your report
Eric, freemedforms.com