Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free diams

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free diams
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:11:12 +0200

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:01:35AM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:

> FreeDiams and FreeMedForms create, on all OSes, a "user document path" in the
> home path:
>
>       ~/freediams
>       ~/freemedforms
>
> They also create, on all OSes, a "hidden database/config path" to store
> databases, config files, datapacks and other "internal" resources:
>
>       ~/.freediams
>       ~/.freemedforms
>
> None of them are cleared. I patched the source so that the default PDF
> cache-path is automatically set to "$UserDocumentPath/PDF" is no path was
> defined.
>
>       ~/freediams/PDF
>       ~/freemedforms/PDF

That's fine. Technically it doesn't at all matter which
stable and persisting path is used because the path
is recorded in the XML file passed back to GNUmed so
your patch will work w/o other applications having to
do anything special.

> Meanwhile, you should let the user correctly define
> preferences of the application where the PDF cache-path
> can be set.

Sure, that's the workaround until your fix is released.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de