Re: [Gnumed-devel] health issue / episode revision history

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] health issue / episode revision history
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 00:12:16 +0000

On 2013-10-19, at 3:37 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> This raises all sorts of interesting privacy questions IMO.

Perhaps I do not fully understand the exposure of concern.

I might assume that the only users who could view the revision history to
clinical items would be (at most) the same users who could view the clinical
items themselves.

if I am correct to assume that the doctor and nurses (or at least the nurse
practitioner or clinical assistant, and of course people like registrars and
even medical students) would be allowed to see the lists of health issues and
encounters in whatever is their current form, is the concern the ability to see
the content of the earlier entries, or is it the ability to see which users in
the praxis had *made* those entries?

I think it is very reasonable that any clinician who is reviewing a patient
should be able to see the clinical content of earlier revisions. Otherwise, it
may be impossible to identify an explanation for discordant information such as
when a previous state of information became shared with one or more people but
(in the case where it was wrong) it may have gotten corrected except this will
not be immediately known to all parties, some of whom may delayed to become
aware that the information was wrong and had been changed.

??

Jim