Re: [Gnumed-devel] Solved: Upgrade Postgresql for GNUmed on Windows

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Solved: Upgrade Postgresql for GNUmed on Windows
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 23:55:58 +0000

On 2013-11-18, at 3:29 PM, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>  wrote:

> 10.) type in the first command shell : net stop psotgresql-8.4
> - check that is says : successfully stopped

caveat for copy-pasters: a typo

        net stop postgresql-8.4

> 23.) Now you are free to install gnumed-server v19 and gnumed -client 1.4.
> Having installed gnumed-server v19 select 'database upgrade' (not boostrap
> database) and it will upgrade your v18 database to a v19 database.

except I am concerned there is a problem in the upgrade script for the bundle

        [v18-v19-dynamic]

as reported here over on the bug list

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-bugs/2013-11/msg00027.html

At any rate, I could not bring my v18 production data up into v19.

-- Jim