Re: [Gnumed-devel] Overview plugin report of Activity - "first" activity

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Overview plugin report of Activity - "first" activity per patient
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:15:43 +0100

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 08:58:50PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Currently, I do not have a test db running.

But you can always create a test patient.

Or (uncomfortably) use the public DB.

> Do we know if GNUmed accepts to add encounters with a date
> earlier than the most recent (current) encounter for the
> active patient?

Sure.

> I am wondering because upon patient creation in GNUmed
> (despite that a praxis could have been providing
> care prior to adopting GNUmed) the Overview plugin
> will report, in the bottom left Activity area:
>
>       first: current_date_time, default_encounter_type
>
> where the user gets the impression that this
>
>       "first"
>
> might be the first historical activity with this patient when it is really
> just the first (oldest-dated) value in GNUmed.
>
> For any praxis that switched to GNUmed it will give a wrong impression. Is
> there any attraction to word
>
>       "first"

>       "first in GNUmed"

Better wording is appreciated, but I'd prefer something shorter.

> or should we encourage a praxis who wishes to maintain an accurate patient
> impression to routinely modify the default encounter
>
>       Started current_date_time, default_encounter_type

>       Originally_seen_date, desired_encounter_type

I think no user will find that convenient, not even if
we made that a field (seen_first) in the <new patient>
dialog.

> and can this be equally well achieved by modifying the
> auto-created encounter or by adding an older encounter
> or will this confuse anything in GNUmed?

That'll work just fine.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de