Re: [Gnumed-devel] Your mail

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Your mail
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:44:36 +0000

On 2013-11-29, at 12:12 AM, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not quite sure how to interpret the log file. Since it went on much
> further before I sent the file I suspect I produced a broken file.
>
> I hope others will know more about it.
>
> Would you be willing to uninstall gnumed-server 19.1 (which only remove the
> installlation  files but no databases) und reinstall gnumed-server 19.1.
> Please
> bootstrap again which should work as far as bootstraping but failing the
> check.
>
> Strange. This file works on my test system. We do some more checks.
>
> Sebastian

It is not clear (but assumed, on this thread) that the above is an instruction
to Vaibhav.

While true that deleting and re-downloading a 19.2 server *package* will make
no difference to installed databases, running the bootstrap is *** destructive
*** to any existing GNUmed databases and so is that really what you are
suggesting, which (except for already-existing backups) will delete all
production data?

-- Jim