Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed and wxPython 3.0

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed and wxPython 3.0
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:02:21 +0200

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 08:42:39PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> I have been packaging GNUmed on Windows based on wxp3 for some time and am
> not aware
> of substantial problems.

Great !  The one problem I found was only introduced recently.

> Are there any interesting new possibilities arising from usage of wxp3 and
> python3 ?

Not that I know except for better chances of framework
(Python, wxPython) maintenance. Which is important regarding
"staying current" with evolution of distributions.

As for the technical underpinnings, python3 better enforces
proper string encoding.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de