Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 144, Issue 13

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 144, Issue 13
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:49:58 +0000

On 2014-11-22, at 9:36 AM, Daniel Witte <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Since this problem is easily
> >> avoidable there won't be an immediate release for it.
> >
> > This is IMO very reasonable.
> >

> Is it? I think if it is easy to fix, we should do this. "avoidable" is not a
> Reference for a User - Exceptions should be caught every possibility. That
> was the first thing I've learned in the university. ;-)
>
> As soon as I read myself into the source code, I'm gonna look where I can
> help more concretely.
>
> Are there tests for Python applications? Any unit tests? If not, i will going
> to do this as my first task.
>
> -- Daniel --

I admire the enthusiasm in which it is suggested that every bug report should
result in an immediate diagnosis, an immediate patch, and an immediate new
release.

It simply isn't deliverable unless, and until, the project would be drowning in
resources.

Anyone (and everyone) who is both capable and interested to help, as you appear
to be offering to do, and their help of course, is most welcome.

-- Jim