Re: [Gnumed-devel] new placeholder(s)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] new placeholder(s)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:02:32 +0100

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 01:37:02PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> On a related note, is any storage of receiver_ addresses
> done somewhere other than with the addresses that are
> prompted-for by gen_ ?

The receiver name/address placeholders are entirely
unrelated. While gen_adr_* will allow for selection of *any*
address known to GNUmed the receiver_* placeholders are
selected from entities (people, orgs) somehow related to the
patient (as known to GNUmed) -- external care, procedures,
hospitalizations, labs, ...  However, the dialog also allows
for selection of an arbitrary address, much like gen_adr_*

Due to the same shortcomings with caching I have enhanced the
receiver_* placeholder to now support:

        u'receiver_name': u"""the receiver name, cached, selected from database:
                receivers are presented for selection from people/addresses
related
                to the patient in some way or other,
                args: optional template//optional cache ID
                template: %s-style formatting template
                cache ID: used to differentiate separate cached invocations of
this placeholder
        """,
        u'receiver_street': u"""part of a receiver address, cached, selected
from database:
                receivers are presented for selection from people/addresses
related
                to the patient in some way or other,
                args: optional template//optional cache ID
                template: %s-style formatting template
                cache ID: used to differentiate separate cached invocations of
this placeholder
        """,

along the lines of gen_adr_*