Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generat

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generator?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 20:32:45 +0000

On 2015-02-06, at 11:07 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2015-02-06, at 8:25 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

but the interesting thing is that the errant PDF output affects only about half of the six patients against whose records I have run the report.

And what the affected reports have in common is the selection of multiple

soap_for_encounters

such that the output wraps over multiple pages. Interestingly, on a four-page report, the failure of line breaks occurs only in the headers of the first three pages, whereas the fourth page header is as desired.

I will have to poke around further when I get the chance.

-- JIm

Solved, finally, after leveraging information contained in the pdfTex log … it's been suggested that the cause of this problems is

 "pagehead catching longtable version of \\"

see http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/49624 , which I was able to solve by instead using \linebreak in the headers.

-- Jim