Re: Re: Bootstrapping fails trying determine data type on Postgresql 14

From: lennart . reuther
Subject: Re: Re: Bootstrapping fails trying determine data type on Postgresql 14
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 12:49:42 +0100

Hi Karsten,

thanks a lot for your answer on this. Here the follow up with some
additional information:

-----------------

> What exactly did you observe when you say:
>
>> [...] as any change in the
>> options using gnumed-client does not affect anything.

When e.g. adding a new workplace, the dialog closed successfully, but
the new workplace was just not there in the list. The debug-window
looked fine, so I guess it is connected to my draft fix as mentioned.

I retried the same with the publicdb.gnumed.de, and it works there
correctly - so expectation is, that it's my plpostgesql-solution
messing it up ;-)

-----------------

>> Trying an install using postgres13 on a fresh debian 10 failed with
>> different error
>
> Please do report.

OS: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
GnuMed-Server: 22.15-1
Postgresql: 13+225

Executing: /usr/sbin/gm-bootstrap_server

Error during bootstrapping "clinical":

2023-01-08 06:10:08  ERROR     gm.bootstrapper  [140358500529984
MainThread]  (/var/lib/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPsql.py::run() #144):
create function clin.f_announce_h_issue_mod() returns opaque as '
declare
        patient_id integer;
begin
        -- get patient ID
        if TG_OP = ''DELETE'' then
                patient_id := OLD.id_patient;
        else
                patient_id := NEW.id_patient;
        end if;
        execute ''notify "health_issue_change_db:'' || patient_id ||
''"'';
        return NULL;
end;
' language 'plpgsql'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPsql.py", line 137, in run
    curs.execute(curr_cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/psycopg2/extras.py", line 146,
in execute
    return super(DictCursor, self).execute(query, vars)
psycopg2.errors.UndefinedObject: type "opaque" does not exist

Hopefully this is helpful. However, as I'd like to stick with Ubuntu,
this is just seen as an information. *smile*

Can you give an estimate, when 1.8.9 is available (as I'm blocked
evaluating until then) or alternatively where to get an early sneak on
1.9 ^^. As I understand, new code versions are only available on github
after release.

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Lennart