gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Template cleanup ..?

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Template cleanup ..?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:30:28 +0000

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:18:19AM -0500, Stan Mulder wrote:

> Each template seems to use a different dtd:

  Yes that is currently the case.

> Which one is the target? All? Perhaps a standard should be imposed?

  I admit I'm a little ignorant of what the current standard is.

  So long as the pages:

        Render well.
        Validate against something.
        Look OK in the browsers avaiable to me.

  I'd be happy.

> Xhtml strict is the most demanding and would require the most changes.
> For example, wdg validator doesn't like the bgcolor attribute in a table
> tag, which is pretty fundamental to these templates. Perhaps xhtml
> transitional is best for now because you can do this.

  That seems reasonable.

> What think the group? I'm no expert on dtd stuff. I just use a spec, run
> the validator and correct the problems until the warnings go away.

  I have no real preference, I just know that the templates that we've
 currently got aren't ideal - and that they should be improved.

Steve