gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Template cleanup ..?

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Template cleanup ..?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:41:11 -0500

Steve Kemp wrote:

 I have no real preference, I just know that the templates that we've
currently got aren't ideal - and that they should be improved.
I think the templates should rely much more on an external css file. You could even use two css files: the main gnump3d css file and the one specific to the theme. Common stuff goes in the main css and stuff specific to the theme goes in that one. Change the css and your entire theme is updated. For a long term goal, perhaps gnump3d could serve plain xml pages where the associated css file describes the entire layout. I don't know much about xml. The little bit I played with had me scratching my head because if the pages are malformed in the slightest way, they won't display at all. I'll look into gnump3d themes if I have some time. There's a lot to learn, and so many different specifications: http://www.w3schools.com/

Stan