[GNUnet-developers] Network testing scripts

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Network testing scripts
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:11:58 +0300 (EEST)

Here's two testing scripts to evaluate the network. The idea
behind these scripts is to be able to test retrieving
fresh content from the network daily, even if you run your node
with activemigration on (==after dl, content becomes local
and invalid for benchmarking). Using these, you don't have to guess
keywords with possible fresh content, because the scripts
use deterministic, time-stamped keywords. In short, to insert
some daily junk, use "junkinsert.sh" (edit sender name!). To try
to find some, use "junklookup.sh". The content is just random
trash (no copyright problems). Christian agreed to run the
insertion script daily on a permanent host, so there should
always be something to test with.

I didn't put these to contrib/ at this point. If you think
they should be there, why not. Certainly if someone wants really
badly to flood the network, coming up with a script like this
shouldn't be beyond his abilities.

ps. on a couple of tests, fetching 64kb of random junk has
taken avg 10 minutes, but there's been my heavily
limited node involved. What kind of results do you get?

Igor