Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist

From: Niklas Höglund
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:57:49 +0200

Den 2003.06.26 16:00 skrev address@hidden:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 06:13:55PM -0500, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> Ok, I looked at the RFC. I would not *like* to have the "&" in the
> URIs since
> a) they would have to be masked on the command line, and

For the record, this probably isn't much of an issue, since all shells that I've bothered to learn allow character escaping. Those that don't know how to use shells will probably use a GUI way of doing things anyway.

Still, it's nice to be able to copy and paste an URL into a shell, without having to quote it. & is also tedious to use from html, as you (to be formally correct) have to replace it with & even in urls

--
                                                      Niklas