[GNUnet-developers] New 0.6.4 and others

From: Milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] New 0.6.4 and others
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:34:14 +0200

Hi everybody !

Sorry for this (very) long silence, but I'm student and I was in
holidays (so long ;-) ). Thought I think I'm not so useful and you don't
really need me...

First, congratulations for the new version. I installed it and it works
very well. But I think there are a few things that I must signal you.
Christian, I'm sorry to tell you this, but -Lyes/lib error is still
present with some arguments (redundant, for my configuration at least) :
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --with-gdbm --with-tdb --with-gtk
- --with-extractor fails, but
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/  --with-crypto runs well...

Too, I think gdbm database is not the best system for GNUnet : we should
choose another (bdb ?) by default and change the FAQ. I had several
problems with gdbm db like loosing 2.5 GB of data, hundreds of megabytes
of memory use only for gdbm library... Christian added some features
wich reduces memory consumption but it still needs much memory.
So I tried bdb, and it's very well : light and effecient.

Any need of work in some part ?

   Milan