[GNUnet-developers] Music insertion

From: milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:41:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi !

I'm working on an idea of window to insert music more easily than the
current way. With some fields like title, artist, album, encoding... that
I found with libextractor, insertion can be made very simple and quick.

To find precisely the music files and albums, I use keywords like
<title:>foo or <encoding:>ogg. This will allow searches on the artist opr
the song. The question is : currently, I add keywords with several
descriptions (like <artist:>bar<title:>foo<encoding:>ogg) in order to
allow very precise searches (for the time when GNUnet will be so popular
that many files will be available ;-) ). I use 5 keywords : title, artist,
interpret (for classical music), album and encoding. So this will need
about 25 keywords for each file (maybe a little less), more miscellaneous
keywords that I add. Is this a problem or not ?

Other question : are keywords in UTF-8 ? And which encoding does
libextractor use ? In other words : should I convert keywords before
inserting them ? Using UTF-8 allows universal keywords system and avoids
localization problems.

Thanks

Milan