Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion

From: Alexander Winston
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 17:20:21 -0500

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 23:56 +0100, N. Durner wrote:
> I have thought about a module for libExtractor that converts special
> national characters to an alternative representation. For example, the
> German umlauts ä, ö and ü can be written as ae, oe and ue. Is there a
> similiar rule for other characters like "ç" (c cedille)?
> This would be a solution to the problem that I usually don't know how to
> type these chars using a foreign keyboard layout.

Unicode provides 4 normalization forms
(<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/>):

* Normalization Form D (NFD)
* Normalization Form C (NFC)
* Normalization Form KD (NFKD)
* Normalization Form KC (NFKC)

Given the nature of GNUnet, I suggest normalizing all the proposed
keywords using NFC and NFKC, removing the duplicate keywords, and then
adding the remaining keywords.

I still have little experience with normalization, however, so please
take this advice with a grain of salt.