Re: [GNUnet-developers] gentoo, last tweaks and questions

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gentoo, last tweaks and questions
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 20:57:36 +0200

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> On 04/10/2016 02:04 PM, ng0 wrote:
>> Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> This should have been self-fixing if you ran './bootstrap' to generate
>>> configure. Next time you see this (kind of) message, just re-run
>>> ./bootstrap.
>>
>> Hm, I think I need to revisit how this is done by my packages, to
>> exclude this behavior which might lead to a 'die' in the build
>> process.
>
> Well, 'bootstrap' is only needed if/when building from Subversion. Once
> there is a release, this is no longer required.

I have talked with lynX, and also gnunet devs afterwards, and
I'll fix packages to svn numbers now as users will get a better
impression with current release other than 0.10.1. When the next
release candidate comes out I can include it in gentoo, but there
shouldn't be much difference between release candidate and the
time it was released (svn-number), or am I wrong?

My personal experience of 0.10.1 vs 37011 and checkouts before
that was drastically different, 0.10.1 has problems which are no
longer existent in later numbers.

I'll call SVN number 37011 gnunet-{gtk-}0.10.2_rc2 in gentoo.
Maybe i can communicate the same with guix, we'll see. if I can't
i'll still manage to express it somewhere.

Moving to eapi 6 is almost done, so I am positive that I can
introduce gnunet,gnurl,gnunet-gtk next week to bugzilla gentoo
and become maintainer for it.

Guix changes rely on bug-womb and somebody responding there currently.

>> Especially on gentoo, where moving gnunet from eapi 5 to the new
>> eapi 6 gets hard and needs an entirely new build structure in the
>> ebuild file.
>>
>>> However, I also should have just pushed the latest POTFILES.in manually.
>>>  So fixed in SVN 37009.
>>>
>>> -Christian
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Would you (or someone else) know if there are tested to be
>> unsupported (non functional) plattforms of GNUnet?
>> Gentoo can support those to build on:
>> alpha
>> amd64
>> arm
>> arm 64
>> hppa
>> ia64
>> mips
>> ppc
>> ppc64
>> sh
>> sparc
>> x86
>> x86-fbsd
>> amd64-linux
>> ia64-linux
>> x86-linux
>>
>> It would help for the later testings team to have some input
>> which ones to exclude, I can only test a limited set on the
>> hardware I have here.
>
> It should work on all of them, even though I don't know what "sh" is and
> we've never had a "mips" or "alpha". We do test on amd, arm, ppc, sparc
> and x86 (32 and 64-bit).

Thanks!
I don't know what "sh" is supposed to be either. People will
figure out.

--
ng0