[GNUnet-developers] Zero-knowledge proof APIs in Rust

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Zero-knowledge proof APIs in Rust
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 13:01:03 +0100

There are now two very nice APIs for doing zero-knowledge proofs in Rust:

Bulletproofs:
https://medium.com/interstellar/bulletproofs-pre-release-fcb1feb36d4b

zkSNARKs:  https://z.cash/blog/bellman-zksnarks-in-rust/

Actually doing much with these still requires understanding the underlying
proof system since you’ll need to heavily optimise your circuit.

Jeff

p.s.  We expect StarkWare to produce nice APIs for for zkSTARKs too, but
probably not in Rust.  In theory, their verifier and prover code should be open
sourced since they $3M grant from the Ethereum Foundation stipulated something
like this, but right now nobody really trusts StarkWare to open source quite as
much as we’d want open sourced.  We shall see..