Re: GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT separated from GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT separated from GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:18:56 +0100

Hi,

I have modified gstep-make configure.in to support --with-user-root and
--with-local-root options and in most SKYRIX installations we use
USER=LOCAL=NETWORK=SYSTEM root. Unfortunatly this modification is quite
old and probably can't be 'just used' for the CVS HEAD gstep-make.

The only problem I'm aware of is that sometimes people incorrectly setup
gstep-make to have USER_ROOT=SYSTEM_ROOT but a different LOCAL_ROOT.
This way LOCAL_ROOT libs can't override SYSTEM_ROOT stuff anymore ...
difficult to find ...

Greetings
  Helge

--