Documentation ... a proposal/request

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Documentation ... a proposal/request
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:15:33 +0000

In order to make some progress with documentation, I'd like to ask people to
adopt
a gradual documentation procedure .... nobody wants to write lots of
documentation,
but if we all make a point of updating the gsdoc documentation for a method
whenever
we change the source code, we will gradually get all the library classes
documented
and filling in the gaps will become a less daunting prospect.

I have already put skeletal documentation in place for the base and gui
libraries,
so all that's required is to fill in method description text in the appropriate
place in a document (and perhaps add yourself to the authors list at the top of
the document).

I've even modified all the files to get version and date information from CVS,
so
you don't need to bother manually updating them.

I'd suggest that method documentation would minimally be a short description of
what the method does.   Anyone wanting to feel particularly virtuous could add
tutorial/example information and/or any GNUstep specific implementation details
they think are appropriate.