Question about image caching and background color

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Question about image caching and background color
Date: 24 Nov 2001 00:28:42 +0100

While improving DnD I encountered the problem that the method

-[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:]

behaves differently if the image is cached, or not.

If the image is cached the background is *not* drawn
and if it is not cached the background *is* drawn.

Well, this seems a bug to me.  There are two ways
of fixing this:

(A) fix the method in NSImage by drawing the background
(B) Put the background in the cached image.

Question:  What is the preferred way?

Wim Oudshoorn.