Re: RFA: [base] GSObjCRuntime

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: RFA: [base] GSObjCRuntime
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:49:01 +0000

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 12:31  pm, David Ayers wrote:

Hi Richard,

Here is the "official" RFA :-)
The API additions would be:

GS_EXPORT IMP GSObjCGetMethod(Class class, SEL sel); /*Notice I changed the name again ;-) */
GS_EXPORT IMP GSObjCReplaceMethod(Class class, SEL sel, IMP imp);

I also added some missing includes to GSCategories.h

OK to commit?

Sorry to be awkward but ... while I have no actual objection to you comitting what you've done, wouldn't it be even better to make the name of the function GSObjCSetMethod rather than GSObjCReplaceMethod ... for consistency with the ivar management functions, and to add functionality such that, if the method does not already exist in the class, it is added (and a null
IMP returned for the old value of the method implementation).