Development on Win32 Port

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Development on Win32 Port
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:52:54 +0200

I would like to move the further discussion of the Win32 backend for GNUstep over to the developer news group, as this is less busy than the discussion group. So I added all of you that were interested in this project to this mail. If you want to join in please register to this group.

I myself wont have time for this over the next few weeks, as I have more pressing GNUstep tasks. Still I did think about the next steps to take and wrote down a small task list:

- Get focus handling working
- Other event handling
- Full font support
- Better image processing
- Pasteboard interaction
- Drag and drop
- OS specific code for NSWorkspace
- Further cleanup (see WIN32Server.m)

None of this tasks by itself is too complicated or takes too much time, but doing all of them will be too much for me. So if you really would like a better WIN32 backend you should join in and take over one of them. Later on I will join you again.