Re: Need a direction to XInput support in NSEvent.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Need a direction to XInput support in NSEvent.
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:45:14 -0700

On Friday, January 30, 2004, at 05:16 AM, Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:

Hmmm. Like subclassing NSEvent to GSTabletEvent with -angleX -angleY -angleZ -deviceNumber and -isTabletEvent? It is important to study xinput in details before starting the implementation. There are other related issues like if the xinput is changing its configuration (eg. remapping event axis) or deviceNumber and deviceName mapping which may raise a requirement in addition information in GSTabletEvent. BTW, I think a name Tablet is not a very generic name for addition devices in future.

Yes. I imagine you have a better idea than me about what information needs to be stored and how it is handled. We should make it as generic as possible. I think it's possible that MacOSX would 'objectify' these kinds of events in the future (if they haven't already but not made it public), but I don't know how they will do that.