Re: libgnustep-base-entry question

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: libgnustep-base-entry question
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:02:15 -0600

On Friday, April 23, 2004, at 09:12 AM, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:

In the windows specific file "libgnustep-base-entry.m" the
following code appears in the function DllMain:

   WNDCLASS wc;

   wc.lpszClassName = "GnustepBaseSocketHandler";
   wc.lpfnWndProc = gnustep_base_socket_handler;
   if (!RegisterClass(&wc))
NSLog (@"Error: Could not register WIN32 socket handler class.\n");

Does anyone knows why this code is here?  The idea seems
to be that we install an event handler that will
handle all kind of socket events.  However the implementation
seems to do nothing usefull.   So is this code actually
usefull?  I have removed this code and everything still

I know it has been there for a very very long time. I'm pretty sure it is an unfinished implementation from a long time ago, so it should be safe to remove.